Thursday, July 15, 2010

Perspectives


As an adult, my perspective is a little different from the 4-H teens. So far, I have been very impressed with the teamwork I have seen between the Dominican and Virginian teens. It's as if they have known each other their whole lives. One comment I heard today from a Virginia 4-H'er was "The Dominican teens culture is different from ours, but we listen to the same music and we have the same interests. Deep down, we are all the same."

The teens will be spending most of every day with each other here - conducting activities at 4-H Day Camp, doing a service project and touring Higuey together. I feel like I am seeing the beginning of many lifelong international friendships.

Contributed by Carol Nansel, Shenandoah County 4-H Agent

No comments:

Post a Comment